Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Trying cortisone shots for spinal bulges and ruptures. Are cortizone shots helpful for spinal problems stemming from weight lifting?

I m intersted in trying cortizone shots for spinal bulges and ruptures. I m interested in someone outside the area as my own doctor didn t even mention joint care medication or suggest it when I had knee flareups. I was oblivious to joint care. I saw a chiropractor and got 3 treatments a week making it worse if you ask me. I m interested in someonewho actually cares about a patient and is willing to treat the problem at any means necessary so I can still remain active. I feel I have been getting treatments/care due to my past history. Are cortizone shots helpful for spinal problems stemming from weight lifting?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
spinal bulge and rupture of what grade do you have. if it is of grade 1 and 2 then physical therapy can help only who works more in spine and pain management. if you have grade 3 or 4 then opt for surgery, no other therapies will give you results. cortizone shot might give you result but temporary not a solution. i would suggest you to meet a good orthopeadician and discuss your issue in detials.. he will help you the best in all possibile manner
Answered: Fri, 18 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor