Suggest treatment for leg pain in an elderly person

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Question: Hi - I am female, age 65, in overall excellent health. For the last month I’ve had significant pain in my leg bones - mostly the femur (that’s the long bone between knee and hip, right?). The pain only comes at night. In the day, no problems. Trying to figure out the cause and what o do.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bones pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Some causes of bons pain are

1-Osteoporosis
2- spinal cord injury and vertebral degeneration
3- osteoarthritis
4- Lyme disease and osteomyelitis
5-Muscular pain

Your doctor will take a history of your symptoms leading up to and associated with you pain. What activity, if any, that you were doing when your pain began should be discussed. Aggravating and relieving conditions that affect the degree of your pain will also be important to discuss. After an examination, further testing might be necessary, including blood tests and X-rays or other imaging studies.

Making the diagnosis will helps you to have the right treatment plans if it is needet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana