• question-icon

Treatment for headache after rhinoplasty?

My dtr at age 30 had rhinoplasty (2yrs ago) d/t continious sinus infections and found nasal bones not allied probably d/t sports injury to nose yrs ago, she has had a hx of migraine headaches most of her life. About a year after rhinoplasty she started having sinus infections again and ENT did a sinus washout and scraping?? Since that time my dtr d has had a daily headache, getting more serve, she has recently had singles. We have taken her back to ENT and he says nothing else he can do. Headaches are disrupting her life severely . We do not know what to door which specialists for her to be seen by.
Fri, 28 Jul 2017
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The sinusitis after rhinoplasty surgery either may require surgery for sinusitis or only medical management with supportive therapies. If the medical management failed, she may require Sx for sinusitis. Instead of loading many antibiotics, try normal saline nasal irrigation , Montelukast + levocetrizine combination with Ambroxol mucolyte once daily. Other measures are taking food in time, avoiding oily/junk foods, do regular physical activities, above all Yoga-pranayama will do its best. for headache try Flunarizine 10 mg at bedtime, Tab naproxen 500 mg twice daily. take care.