Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Tongue pain, throat pain, hoarse voice, swollen vocal cords

My tongue hurts bad all over but especially in the back when and aft I eat. My throat has hurt for 6 months. And my voice was hoarse for a year and a half. I went to an ENT and he wanted me to eat jello for a month. And he also said for me to go to a speech pathologist to learn how to talk. He said I was overusing my voice even though I don t use my voice much at all. He tried to look at my vocal chords but said they were too swollen and he could not see them. He did not feel My throat with his hands and did not have any images or additional testing done. Should I get a second opinion?
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Cra,
Welcome here on hcm.
There is no evidence which suggest for you not to belive this doctor so go with the advise and consult a speech therapist.
Answered: Fri, 4 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor