Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Tingling sensation when head is bent over. Have had vertigo. What is going on?

I have recently started noticing then when I bend my head downward, that from my hips down I get this tingly-numb like sensation. No matter if I am standing or sitting. It lasts a long time, sometimes stays for hours. Gender: Female Age: 24 I used to play rugby a lot, made it on a national team and such so I can say for certain I have some slipped disks. However its been years and I had yet to feel this sensation until now. I did have an emergency c-section 4 years ago and have had numbness in my left hip area since. No recent trauma to head or back. Did have a severe case of vertigo for a couple of months in summer.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
You are right. You are probably suffering from a disc prolapse. Symptom do point towards that. Consult a neurologist. Will need a MRI of cervical spine to confirm.
Answered: Wed, 2 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor