Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Tingling sensation in hands and numbness in arm and wrist, diagnosed as carpal tunnel. Cause for pain?

Hello, I have been getting tingling sensations in my hands, numbness in my arms, and wrist pain the last few months. I was diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel , however, my elbows have started to hurt lately whenever I lean on them to long. I feel pain on the outside of my elbow and on the inside. Any ideas as to what it might be?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Carpal tunnel is a painful condition of the wrists.
If you are also having pain in your elbow and numbness and tingling in your arms, a X ray of the cervical spine may be necessary to rule out any spinal cause for your problem.

Please consult an orthopedic surgeon. For the pain, youcould consider getting referred to a physiotherapist and practise some simple relaxing exercises for a while.

Hope this helps.
Dr Anjana Rao
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor