Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Tingling and numbness in left hand. MRI showed disc bulge. Have ulcerative colitis. Quit steroids?

my name is ashish from jabalpur my question is that i have tinglinling and numbness in my left hand . i have done MRI which shows disc bulge at c4-c5 c5-c6. my doctor pescribe maxgalin 50 . i have ulcerative colitis also for this i take steroids is there any problem .kindly suggest proper guidance.presently i am having flare up due to ulcerative colitis & weakness numbness. email- YYYY@YYYY . i have one query is that i have flare up some time in 4 months and i have to take steroids and some time 2 month for which i have to take 40 mg and then taper one month course. kind suggest best option to quit steroids
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello Ashish
Yhanks for posting your query to HCM
The tingling and numbness that you are having is due to the disc bulge at vertebral position C4-C5.
Your doctor has prescribed medicine. Some exercises are also required for this condition.
Regarding your query about using steroids for ulcerative colitis, then I would like to tell you that ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease and it needs life long treatment with steroids during flare up.
The dosage for steroids is that it has to be tapered off slowly.
The is the treatment for your problem.

Thanks and take care
Answered: Sun, 26 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor