Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Thyroid, irregular periods, difficulty in conceiving, prescribed glyciphage, regestrone. Partner with diabetes, low sperm count. What can be done?

hi my name is navneet i have irregular periods since starting i am also suffering from thyroid and after marriage i have not been able to concieve yet because of irreregular periods my doctor suggest me to have these medicine :glyciphage 850 and regestone 5mg . (My husband is also suffering from diabetes and also having problem of sperms .what should i do?) my id is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Navneet
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Presence of irregular period suggests hormonal dysfunction leading to absence of ovulation which needs to be evaluated . You need to undergo tests like FSH,LH,Testosterone,Prolactin,TSH,blood sugar and pelvic ultrasound apart from gynecological examination to reach at the diagnosis. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is common cause of irregular periods in asian population. Thyroid and prolactin disorders need to be corrected. You may require ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene to induce ovulation and follicular monitoring ( by ultrasound ) to look for growth of egg and ovulation. Plz post semen report of your husband for appropriate diagnosis and management advice. Wish u all the best.
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor