Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Thyroid and cholesterol under control, have big hole in ear drum. Will it subside with antibiotics?

Dear Doctor I am 43 female with a big hole in ear drum from 1 and half ears.did not go for tympnoplasty as my blood reports were not good.i got thyroid and high all under control.I had ear discharge once before and again now that time the doctor put a syringe .and cleaned it.i cannot put drops as hole is very big.I am scared to go to doctor and do operation.WILL MY discharge go away wit antibiotics alone.IT PAINS VERY LITTLE.Can i not do the operation or do i have to.who is best dr for it in mumbai.Mona
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. mam, i dont think you should be scared of surgery , as it is a small operation and complications are few. your discharge will come down with antibiotics but since there is a will keep coming as soon as water enters your ear or when you have cold. since hole is large and has been there for more than 1.5 years,it is advisable that you consider surgery. thanks
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor