Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Testicle torsion, swelling, irregularity in testicle, scan showed dead testicle, advised surgery. Is it necessary?

sir,i was effected by testicle torsion about six months back. I went to check up doctor said that its just swelling and gave me medicine.i suffered from heavy pain about ten days and later i was normal.Later due to some irregularity in testicle went for a scan then he was shocked as it is not working.Then doctor said its dead testicle. But he said whenever u are free remove it through surgery. Is it compulsary to remove it. Does it effect me during work?Until now i didnt face trouble.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As your testis is not working you should remove it from your body to prevent possible complication.
Any dead tissue in body creates its effect.
This is not an emergency but you should remove it as early as possible.
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor