Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Teenager. Hot and cold chills, stomach and bodyache, trouble breathing, fatigue, headache. Diagnosed with viral pneumonia. Advice

Hello, on the 17th of January I was taken to the er with severe pains near the belly button with suspected appendicitis. Turns out it wasn't, but I have had an ultrasound and everything came back fine. I had a high white cell count along with stomach pains (same spot), fever, chills, dizziness. A few weeks later I was diagnosed with a Viral Phenomia which I got from the er. I still have a few symptoms of it eg. Hot and cold sweats, dizziness, tired. But lately I have been feeling horrible and my symptoms are: Hot and cold chills, stomach pains, my body aching, bladder infection, pain under right rib, hurts to press anywhere on the right side of my belly button and above my belly button, having trouble breathing and weakness, constant headaches. What could it be? I need answers please. I'm a 15 year old girl.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! From your immediate symptoms, it seems that your viral pneumonia has got a super added bacterial infection and has turned into a bacterial pneumonitis ending up in pleural effusion with pleuritis on the right side. This may be the reason for high fever with chills, pain mostly on the right side of upper abdome. The head aches may be due to fever.
Another possibility is a acute on chronic cholecystitis with gall stones although it is less common in this age group.
Both of the above can be diagnosed with help of X-ray Chest, and ultrasound apart from routine blood tests.
If bladder infection is already diagnosed, then it has to be treated with appropriate antibiotics by your doctor.
A sub hepatic appendicitis is another diagnosis which is worth considering though less common. This can be diagnosed only when the patient is examined by the doctor during the time of attack and also with several investigations. So I would suggest you to consult your family physician/general surgeon for this. Hope this helps you in managing your treatment.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor