Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Taking droxyl 250 DT for boil in nose. Its paining and slight pus is also observed. Should I continue with the tablet ?

I got a boil in my nose (Above lips near entry of nostril ). Its paining and slight pus is also observed. I just started taking droxyl 250 DT from yestrday night. Please suggest if I shouhd continue or any alternate. I have swelling also.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  410
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You have furuncle of nose. You can continue with that medicine under medical supervision. Continue for 5-7 days and do not stop before that. Avoid pressing or touching your nose and do not prick the pus point. Drink plenty of water. If the boil does not reduce in size and is getting worse it is better to consult your Doctor to get it looked at, possible drainage may be required. Get you blood sugar tested in that case. If you develop headache, eye pain you should consult your Doctor immediately.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
continue the medication prescribed by your doctor dont pinch, as pinching may increase infection and spread to brain as it is in dangerous area of face, secondly if does not subside within a 2 days go to surgeon and get it drained.
take care
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor