Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Taking chronic congenital pancreas divisum for long period. Can I stop them now?

i have been on i have percet fro about 6 yrs for chronic congental pancrease divisim and i have back and leg problems. i want off the pain pills .im done with them im just tired of them . but im scared . ive talked to my doc but they think it will be best to stay on them because of all the health problems i have . what do i do?? can i do this myswelf at home ??
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
i would also agree with your doctor to continue with the medications you are on as the problem that you are suffering from is from birth and you dont have a choice but to continue with the medications for life because once you stop all your problems will come back and you will become more sick then when you were on the medication.
i would suggest you see a counseller as well to help you go through this process and dont be tired they are many other people in this world that are worse of then you and they are still living through
so be strong and hang in there.
take care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor