• question-icon

Taking TPHA treatment for VDRL. Is it contagious?

My maid is tested for VDRL and its positive & they advised for tpha treatment, need to know if this disease is contagious or can be infected as I had 10 years old daughter, pl reply. Also I m a rheumatoid patient and we have detected this disease two days back. She is full time in our house since 2 years. Could you pl advise how to proceed further.
Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Syphilis is a non contagious disease. It is spread by sexual contact with the other person. It is also curable and on intiation of treatment it can resolve.

There is no need for concern of the disease spreading to your family.