Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Taking Melanocyl for vitiligo. Can I use phototherapy gadget at home?

iam from india, currently in uk,i have vitiligo ,small white spots on arms legs.i started with tab.melanocyl 20mg alternatedays,but difficult to get sun exposure due to winter,which is an essential factor for melanin production ,can i get/use any phototherappy gadget at home?.i have no idea any gadget available in market.?prolong use of melanocyl tablets can cause any sideeffects for long i have to take this it to be lifelong? sree
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi dear, greetings. ya u can use a photo therapy gadget and it is must. without light those tab wont have any effect. only problem is phototherapy gadgets are very costly. a company called v care provides these gadgets. just check on net.consult ur doctor he may stop melanocyl tab in winter seasons.
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor