Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Swollen testicle. Had a UTI. Can morphine help?

Hi Doctor are you there, My husband has a swollen testicle , just one of the ball due to a UTI infection. It is very big like a size of an real Egg and really painful. He can t walk, stand or sit properly. How long does it take for the swelling to go down and the pain to subside. He is on Antibiotics and on morphine to reduce the pain. Thanks for your feedback. -worried wife
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Is there any history of trauma?
You should first try to get the cause of UTI and orchitis as UTI is less common in males.
You should go for ultrasound imaging study of urinary tract and prostate.
Regarding pain can give morphine but will try other medicines which also help in reducing swelling and pain.
Anti-inflammatory NSAIDs are the preferable medicines.
You should also go for urine culture and sensitivity for better evaluation.
Taking pain killer is not a good option, try to get the reason for orchitis.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. There might be sgmultaneous infection of uti and scrotal swelling. The causes of scrotal swelling might be
filarial scrotum hernia orchitis or hydrocele.
I advise you to consult a doctor diagnosis and treatment. You may have to get MRI along with other routine tests for confirmation.
Besides i advise you some diet recomendations as Avoid taking spices chillies and oily foods.
Give him more of green leafy vegetables pulses sprouts fruits and juices to hasten recovery. Wishing for a speedy recovery and
thanks for calling.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor