Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Swollen gum due to blister. Pain in the tooth. Need help

Hi I have a blister in my gum and was swollen it mad my upper lip hurt with a simple touch my mom told me to rub a cotton with hydrogen peroxide and it just made it whiter and bigger she said it was just the infection but I m worried its something worse now my tooth hurts and it also hurts to talk and open my mouth help please!!!!...
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Your clinical symptoms and history suggest that you probably are having periodontal abscess formation arising from the infected tooth.

Blisters in the mouth are due to some trauma due to biting , as a result of fever , cold some type of blisters are caused by herpes simplex, allergies due to some foods, vitamin deficiencies .

Get clinical evaluation of the tooth , take an x-ray of the concerned tooth.
Take multivitamin suplements .
If it is due to abscess get it drained .

Avoid eating hot , spicy , aeroted , carbonated foodstuffs.
Use saline water gargles 3-4 times a day , use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily keep the area clean . Take complete balanced diet.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

Thanks for posting your query in hcm forum.

The blister on gums may be gum infection arised from-
Poor oral hygiene.
Deep dental caries.
Tooth brush injury.
Traumatic injury.
I would suggest you to brush your teeth twice daily involving all aspects of teeth.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Get your teeth cleaned.
Decayed teeth has to be restored.
Abscess if present has to be drained and curetted.
Include nurtitious rich food into your diet.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hello there ,

According to your history i can suspect your infected tooth has gone worse and you have developed a periodontal abscess due to spread of infection to the underlying tissues.

The swelling you can notice is nothing but the abscess cavity and it drains the pus in the oral cavity.

This type of periodontal abscess needs to be drained and compressed in position and then followed by a course of antibiotic and analgesic will subside the symptoms of pain and swelling.

once the abscess is drained the infected tooth can be treated by root canal procedure to devitalise it permanently and save the tooth or of the prognosis is poor the tooth can be extracted.

get an x ray done the affected area and approach a dentist for the treatment.

meantime you can start with antibiotic augmentin 625mg with analgesics two times daily, this helps in subsiding the swelling and pain.

i hope this helps,

take care.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sonia Nayab's  Response
hi mendezana
reading your query i will prescribe you to apply topical steroid,it will helps in subsiding the blister.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor