Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Swollen and red boils on hands and legs with pus, similar eruptions on different places while on Banocide forte. Further tests required?

My husband was getting occasional boils on legs, hands which had pus .It use to grow 2-3 inch in diameter and area around looked heavily swollen and red.We did cbc and got AEC 1450 cells/cumm , esinophils 12%, wbc 0000.(random sugar check was with in limit). Doctor suggested to take 21 day course of Banocide Forte tablets.After starting this on the 4th day ,my husband again got similiar boil on his arm .This boil has lasted for 7-8 and finally bursted today.The entire area is very tender red and yet swollen. Pls suggest if this medicine is enough or should we go for some further checks.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed folliculitis.

These are superficial bacterial infections.

Treatment is with antibiotics

the choice of antibiotics should be best based on culture and sensitivity tests.

With this test exact causative agent could be found out.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor