Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Swollen and red area, painful, over weight. What is wrong?

My husband has a 50 cent piece size red area that is slightly swollen and has now started to bleed a little. He has had these reacurring for a couple of years. They are right above the waisteband on his pants. They usually seem to go away after he wears sweats instead his blue jeans for a few days. Today how ever it is very painful. Dr s here have given little help they feel its just from either his pants or his button rubbing his belly. He is over weight and does have a large stomach
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic.

The clinical presentation of your husband seems to be because of his pants or button ribbing as the other doctors have mentioned. However, as this is occurring frequently and is now bleeding, attention needs to be taken by thorough examination for other possibilities like getting infected secondarily, allergic reaction to certain fabrics, some other dermatological conditions. I suggest to visit a dermatologist before it gets complicated as we cannot suggest a particular solution for skin problems without properly visualizing and examining.

Hope I have answered your query. Wish you a good health!
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor