Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Swollen and painful eye. Taken antibiotics and corticosteroids. What disease is this?

The caruncle in my left eye is swollen till bulging and pain.Before it was red only,I went doctor since August 2011 and has been treated with antibiotic and corticosteroid eye drops named Tobroson (Tobramycin and Dexamethasone ) .At first 1-2 days it feel better but days after till I finish the eyes drop,it even worst. Then I let it no treatment. a month later I went to other doctor gave me tears naturale II only.It doesnt help make recover the caruncle still pain.then when I went back to first doctor,he prescibe me same Tobroson so,my eyes has been treated with Tobroson twice.Though I finish the eyes doesnt work.then I let my eyes without treatment 2 months the pain is getting worst the caruncle right eyes also swollen till bulging and pain. but left caruncles is worst than right. I went to other doctor,he prescriibe me Posop (fluorometholon 1mg) & methyl prednisolon 16 mg but both caruncles feel worst from the first drop till I finish posop & oral medicine . I m desperate and not go to doctor anymore,now the caruncles are both swollen very bulging and pain more every hour (sigh) ,I search internet and buy gentamycin eyes drop but again, at first drop its all right but after three times ,the gentamycin makes caruncles feel worst so, I dare not use it aymore,I only use it 3 drops only (every 4 hour).ohya,when I wear plus glasses to read computer left caruncles getting more pain. please kindly help me,what disease is this? and what makes my caruncles worst day by day and why all antibiotic didn t work? what eyes drop I must use since the last doctor I went yesterday (that s mean been 5 months my eyes caruncles pain) ,he didnt prescribe me anything after hear my history :-( though I pay him for consulting fee.may be he didnt know what medicine he must prescribe and what disease:-( thanks in advance for response to me. Yen (I stay in Indonesia)
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  558
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Dear friend with the symptoms you have i suggest it to be Carunculitis.It is an inflammation of the uterine caruncle.
I would suggest for cold compressions( for 5 -10 mins several times a day) will comfort you rather than hot fomentations.

Along with an oral anti allergic pills, a topical anti allergic eye drops with a good lubricant drops (6-8 times a day)will give a quicker relief.

Avoid rubbing as it causes more mediators(Histamines) release,which are responsible for your itching:).

Hope this helps for your recovery. Take care :-).
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor