Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Swelling in knee after a fall and bruising. Normal?

I tripped over a 2 inch raise in the sidewalk and got a scrape 2 inches below the left kneecap and a huge swollen lump 2 inches below that on Tues. night 9/11/12. I am on warafin. I called the doctor and they told me to skip one day of warafin medicine. The swelling has gone down from 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch and from a 3 inch area down to a 1 1/2 inch area. I have been icing the leg on and off since Tuesday night. Should I be doing anything differently? I keep the leg raised at night when sleeping and at home during the evening before bed. I put an ace bandage on it durning the day but it bothers me and the area (lump) is still warm to tthe touch. Do I need to go in and have the doctor look at it? I take blood thinners for chronic a-fib and I am a 57 yr. old female. Thank you. Alison
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  401
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
go first make MRI KNEE JOINT to determine problem lead to this pain meniscal tear or inflammation.reuce body weight dont squat to decrease load on knee and dont lift heavy weight.take MRI report and go to orthopaedic specialist then make physio therapy sessions under physical therapist supervision (elctro therapy_ultrasound _stregthening ex_stretching ex) with anti inflammatory medications.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor