Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the knee

Question
When I kneel down I feel a sharp pain. When I put pressure on my knee to close a drawer with it it caused a sharp pain which persisted throughout the day and I couldnt walk properly and had trouble bending it. It feels awkward whenever I completely straighten this and I find myself limping when I walk. What's causing this?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Patella bursitis

Detailed Answer:

I think of a condition called patella bursitis. This condition has all the symptoms that you just described.
It needs knee braces, some pain killer NSAIDs like Ibuprofen double strength three times a day for 5 days. It is advised to add anti ulcer medicine like PRILOSEC OTC
I suggest to meet a GP and ask about this condition and treatment for the same.
It is advised to rest a lot and not to move when it is painful or the movements that pain you.