Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Surgery done on broken wrist, have nerve damage on palm and finger, do not want another surgery. Any suggestions?

I fell and broke broke my left wrist and had surgery . Now I have nerve damage in my palm and little finger . My physician has given me pain pills that do not relieve the pain and now talks of more surgery. I serve on a Presidential Council on Health Care and am fairly knowledgeable , but I do not want more surgery etc. Any suggestions.? Thank you . Sunny Scribante
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain that you have can be due to a nerve compression or mild damage to the nerve fibres. To know the exact cause, you can get a nerve conduction velocity test done before deciding for the next surgery. Conservative treatment can also help you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor