Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment to cure hair loss problem

I am 22 yrs old.(male) .I have the hair loss problem since 4 yrs.Now my frontal baldness is increasing day by day. I took the medicines but couldn't succeed.I try the minoxidil 5% as per doctor suggestion.But no change please if any treatment is possible to cure this kind problem let me know.
Thu, 12 Nov 2015
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello, i can understand your concern

you may have telogen effluvium or androgenic alopecia.
hairfall may be due to lack of neutrients like iron or protiens in body, it may also be due to derranged thyroid levels. so to rule out telogen effluvium i would advice you to get your hb , serum ferritin and thyroid levels tested.
it may be genetic too.
application of minoxidil and oral biotins once a day can really be helpful to you. minoxidil is slow method, it takes time to show results and you have to be compliant with its use, leavingg it abruptly can again result in hair loss. so be patient and keep using it.
still if you dont find any results you can go for procedure like prp (plasma rich platelet) therapy, it could help you as results seen are very good.
and you can consider hair transplant too.
hope it would help.
thank you
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor ! I am suffering from hair loss problem after I met an accident 2 years back. Before that , I never had hair loss problem and in my...

Recent questions on  Minoxidil

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc, what is the difference between Mintop & Mintop Forte? - this wrt Dr.Reddy s product I m asking here.. And also I need to know which is the...

doctor1 MD

i have seborrheic has also resulted in acne as per a dermatologist. e had told me to take pabatab-bz daily and use regaine(minoxidil...

doctor1 MD

I'm 23, female, hair thinning since age 12. Diffuse. Have had scabs/pimples on scalp for weeks at a time randomly through this time. Easily go away...

doctor1 MD

I'm 28 year old and suffering from male baldness pattern. I started using RICHFEEL tricology centre's saw palmetto treatment but it didn't help,...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am having small to medium bald patches on vertex to front elevated side of scalp and few towards back. This is there since pas 5...

doctor1 MD

Sir I am suffering hair fall & severe head loss at middle of head. I consulted skin specialist who prescribed minoxidil solution 2% ;finaster idea...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am writing this to my previous interaction with you sometime before. I contacted you with regards to the problem to my hair, I had...