• question-icon

Suggest treatment for vdrl infection

sir iam 30 year. iam suffering from vdrl+,tpha+ can be treated. 2.how long does it take time cure this disease. 3.can this disease need regular check in every one year. 4. can this disease speed to my child if she is pregment for two months. 5.can i have hiv+ infection with this disease pl pl pl answer me. YYYY@YYYY ..
Sat, 31 May 2014
Your tests confirm you have syphilis. There is an antibiotic treatment for this disease and it can be cured. The type of antibiotic and the amount of time you need to take it depend on what stage of syphilis you are in. Blood tests can confirm if the treatment has worked. If it is cured, you do not necessarily need regular checkups. If you continue having sex under the same conditions as when you got the infections, you are at high risk for getting it again. It that case it is recommended that you do get annual checks. If Infection with HIV occurs often with syphilis. All people who have syphilis should also be checked for HIV.

2 users find this helpful