• question-icon

Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury and pain in leg

a water skier was hit by a propeller that was barely moving but it caused tissue injury to her lower left leg between the proximal gastrocnemius and lateral mallelous. the patient complains of significant pain in the injured area and numbness distally. upon assessment you notice the injured area has parathesia, pallor and poikilothermina. Further assessment of the dorsalis pedis shows decreased measurement. 1. what is the patient s most likely medical condition? 2. what are the complications of the injury? 3. what team other than the OR should be notified and what procedures should they prepare for?
Tue, 9 Jul 2019

As of now, you can use analgesics/anti-inflammatory combination like aceclofenac/serratiopeptidase for symptomatic relief.
If symptoms persist better to consult an orthopedic and plan for an MRI scan.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician