Suggest treatment for high BP

Our 30 year old son is 6 ft. 5, overweight 320. Smokes cigarettes , probably at least a pack. He has been unemployed for 2 years, has mental health issues & gives plasma for money. Recently he has been turned down because of high blood pressure (160/90 a few times then 130/90) and for the last month a pulse rate of at least 103 & more often 108. He is on state aid healthcare & has an appointment for December 15 with a doctor. He works out at the gym intermittently, starting back a few weeks ago. Does the elliptical machine & then dances & stretches. He has at least two cavities & is in need of deep cleaning, but most not covers by his healthcare & he is resistant to our advice to go to a dental school & we will help pay. My most immediate concern is his pulse rate & blood pressure. I read somewhere that he should go to emergency that it is dangerous. Could you let me know your thoughts.
Tue, 4 Aug 2015
High BP of his level when sustained for along time
can cause problems and is not an emergency. His high pulse rate is only because of lack of regular exercise. He should give up smoking completely and lose weight at least about 50 lb.He should restrict salt in his diet.