Thank you for asking at HCM.
I went through your child' history.
First of all I would like to appreciate you for - healthy diet, regular exercise, control over food, regularity in medicines, good care like vapor bath.
, especially with change in weather and cold foods usually points towards allergic cause.
So I would like to make following suggestions to you in addition to what you are already doing:
1. I would like to ask you detailed history of his/her symptoms like - since what age does she/he have repeated cough and cold? what is the frequency and duration of these episodes? What weathers cause more trouble? Are his/her symptoms improving or worsening with age? Has he/she ever had wheezing? Does anyone from your child's family have allergy? etc.
This would help me to know more about your child's immune system.
2. For allergy, I would suggest you to get your child tested for allergies for air-borne allergens and some food allergens. This will help identify what is causing allergic symptoms to him/her.
3. Please try to avoid for your child exposure to dusts, smokes and air pollution as much as possible. I would also suggest to avoid smoking
at home if anyone from your family member smokes.
4. Please continue diet rich in vitamins
, minerals and anti-oxidants (e.g. green leafy vegetables, fruits, sprouts, etc) and minimize consumption of cold beverages, ice creams, junk foods, etc. This will help his/her immune system in a long run.
5. Personally I would suggest your child learning regular breathing exercises/Yoga/Pranayama which will be also good for him.
Hope this will be helpful to you.
Wish your child the best of the health.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to ask at HCM.