Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Yes please, I have a hard time getting and keeping an erection it s OK in the morning but after noon I have little reaction I can get erect but it drops when I go to push in, I take 1 5 mg amlodipine qd , 1000 metforman bid, 1 fish oil 500 mg ad, 40 mg lisinopril ad and 1 5 mg glipizid qd . I think it a mix of things adding up to my ed . My pb goes around 140/85 love to get that 140 I am 64 and could have a better sex life w/o this ed . Can it get better if so how and what to do. Can you help . Ty David
Mon, 14 Jan 2019

Since you are diabetic and hypertensive, you need to take the prescribed medications properly to control them under appropriate limits. You can do the following to overcome the problem you are facing with an erection.

1. Practice 'pause and squeeze' technique regularly.
2. Practice pelvic floor strengthening exercises regularly.
3. Practice meditation regularly.
4. Consume foods like almonds, nuts, saffron, milk, dates, papaya and banana along with green leafy vegetables, which will improve circulation to penis and helps to sustain erection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ashakiran S, General & Family Physician