Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What to do for erectile dysfunction?

Hi, I'm a 21 year-old male with erectile dysfunction (I've been experiencing erectile dysfunction for over 4 years). My bloodwork shows a deficiency in total testosterone hormone, with a surplus of free testosterone hormone, as well as low thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism). I'm 5'10" and weigh 225 pounds (I'm overweight). I am taking Abilify 15 mg to treat schizophrenia. My erectile dysfunction started occurring well before starting treatment with Abilify. I frequently have trouble waking up in the morning, and after waking up I often times don't feel refreshed. Over the past 10 months, I've gained about 25 pounds. What can be causing my erectile dysfunction, weight gain, inability to get up in the morning, hypothyroidism, and testosterone abnormalities (low total testosterone, but high free testosterone)?
Fri, 29 Dec 2017
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Erectile dysfunction is best treated with the medication Viagra (sildenafil). This is very likely to improve your erection quality and duration. I would talk with a local doctor about prescribing this to you.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an American doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States ( For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address:
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 19 and i have E.D. I need to know the treatments to stop it.

Recent questions on  Neuroendocrinology

doctor1 MD

I have a pituitary microadenoma and I have symptoms like swelling in the legs with veins showing and hurting, breast becoming lumpy befre period...

doctor1 MD

My doctor wants to do a testosterone level on me as I am always fatigued. 47 y/o male, with history of immune compromise on treatment, no other...

doctor1 MD

hello, I am Male patient . My doctor give me two test (Testosterone its 3.98 ng/ml) and (Prolactin 10.9 ng/ml) then he prescribed me 12 injections...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor ! i am 21 yrs, male and i have very less beard as if i am 15 yrs old... and even i look like a 15 yrs old boy... i masturbated a lot......

doctor1 MD

Hi. When I was younger I had steroid treatment to increase my height, as steroid is known to increase growth hormones in adolescent boys. Now I...

doctor1 MD

I take.10 synthroid and .15 hydrocortisone daily. I recently had blood test and cortisone without meds was .6 and my Free T4 was low at .98. I have...

doctor1 MD

I, my name is XXXXXXX 45 years old, recently i was diagnosed by my doctor to have mood disorder with depression due to stress and fatigue from...