• question-icon

Suggest remedy for burning mouth syndrome

I am suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrone. I just cannot eat any food that is hot ( not Temparature) because I start feeling my mouth is on fire. I am 61 years age, having diabetes since the age of 17/18 years. I am obese with BMI of 34. My latest Hba1c is 12.5.
Tue, 24 Jun 2014
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

Burning mouth syndrome is caused by candida albicans(thrush) that is due to Diabetes mellitus.
The best medicine for thrush is Nizoral (Ketoconazole). You should continue taking this medicine for 10 days.

Before you start taking this medicine you need a liver function test in order to check liver condition because this medicine can cause a mild injury to the liver.

Contact your infectologist.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.