Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
190 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest possibility for testes to bring in scrotum

i am abhay 26 years old.
i had orchiopexy at age 20 and both testes brought from superficial kidney ring to inguinal canal
now i want to perform another one. and ultrasound shows normal reports for vascularity and echotexture
please suggest possibility for testes to bring in scrotum
Mon, 25 Apr 2016
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi,Dear,Thanks for your query to HCM.
Dear I read facts of your query and reviewed it in context to your health issues submitted.
I understood your health concerns and feel Concerned about them.
You seem to be suffering from following possibilities-
There is good possibility of testes being brought in scrotum-as you had desended the testes at 20 yrs of age -that is 6 yrs back and the USG and colour dopler study suggests that the vascularity and texture of the testes is normal.
As the orchiopexy is done quite late at 20 yrs of age(against the normal timing of 5 mths to 15 mths of age in childhood),there is possibility of -failure of Normal function of testes,even after bringing down of the testes at the bottom of the testes.
Regular USG with color dopler study for 6-18 mths time for vascularity and for echotexture of the testes, with testosterone levels could give the success of this 2 stage repair of the Undescended Testes-though done at a late stage.
A team of expert doctors and Urologist is needed for the better outcome in your case.
For this to verify Second opinion from another Urologist as your case has questionable outcome due to late repair for descent of the testes.

Just don't worry and be patient and co-operate with your doctors,till you verify with your attending doctors.

Hope this would help you to treat your health issues in the best way possible.

Welcome for any further query in this regard to following link-

Wishing Good Healthy Life!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N.
Senior Surgical Specialist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi doc i have been having a dull ache on left side of my scrotum for like month. It feels more like top part of testicle ( epididymitis). However,...

Recent questions on  Orchiopexy

doctor1 MD

46 y/o caucasian male, 57", 200lbs. Past 4 days difficulty urinating/constant urge to urinate/small amount of blood and VISIBLE ORANGE SEDIMENT in...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I delivered a baby on 30th nov 10. He was born with bladder extrophy with bilateral inguinal hernia with left sided inguinal undescended testis...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor my cousin has some problem..pls find the attached suggested us to undergo for operation...please let me what s the...

doctor1 MD

Age 20, had right orchiopexy surgery. After a month later I developed a rash on my scrotum which my doctor prescribed me rash cream. The cream...

doctor1 MD

my son is now 6 month old and he is having undecended right testicle. when he was 2months old we had visited doctor for consultation and as per his...

doctor1 MD

i am abhay 26 years old.
i had orchiopexy at age 20 and both testes brought from superficial kidney ring to inguinal canal
now i want to perform...