• question-icon

Suggest medication for low BP

I was having hypertension and one the medicine Stamlo T for 3 years. But from some time my pulse rate was very high and my doctor prescribed Nebistar 5 and Temsan 40. But after taking both these medicines my pulse rate was normal but B.P started lowering very much. Now I have been prescribed Nebistar 2.5 mg only once and am taking for ten days and feeling very relaxed. Should I continue this medicine as I have heard that it has serious side effects like impotence. I am only 37 yrs. old.
Thu, 4 Jul 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello There

After going through your medical query I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that in case of low blood pressure it is better to withdraw medication one by one . It’s recommended for you to stop Telangana and continue with Nebistar and monitor your blood pressure.

Hopefully this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap