Suggest correct dosage for metronidazole

i had cn1 they burn me in march now i am experiencing cramps lots of cramps i went to my doctor explained it has not healed yet i was prescribed 8 metronidazole as one dose and 3 azithromycin 500mg each take one once daily is this normal for an infection
Tue, 20 Jul 2021

Metronidazole belongs to the group of medications known as Nitroimidazole acts as antibacterial and anti-protozoal medication is used in the treatment of skin Infections, mouth Infections, rosacea, trichomoniasis, amebiasis, giardiasis etc by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites. Metronidazole 500 mg three times daily for 5-7 days is usually the recommended dose. But, for trichomoniasis Infections, as a single dose of 2 grams or 8 tablets of 250 mg Metronidazole can be prescribed.

Again, Azithromycin belongs to the group of antibiotic medications known as macrolides is used in the treatment of various bacterial Infections such as respiratory tract Infections, urinary tract Infections, skin and soft tissue Infections, stomach Infections, sexually transmitted Infections etc. The usual dose of Azithromycin is 500 mg a day for 3-10 days depending on the Infection according to the severity. So, if you have any questions regarding the doses of Metronidazole and Azithromycin, you should ask your prescribing doctor and the doctor will explain everything.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician