Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Suffering from typhoid, plz suggest me

hi doctor my mom age is around 60,she is suffering from typhoid since last 15 days,problems which really trouble her are body pain,specially joints pains a lot that she cant even work or walk for a long time..she has to work even m out for my per doctor we consulted told pains are due to insufficient calcium in her body..we are really confused regarding her diet and medicine as we dont have good doctors in our area..m really tensed how to get rid of these pains..plz suggest me.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Her present severe pain may be due to the infection.. Low calcium with osteomalacia is acceptable is elderly females, however the pain can be worsened by infection.. You would need analgesics for pain relief and equally important is that she has enough bed rest.. Working and exertion can only worsen the situation.. Once her infection is improved she would feel much better, but include the dietary changes to improve the calcium then.. Use calcium supplements which are available in the stores alternatively..

Feel free to contact the specialist available online who will be able to provide you with more specific form of treatment through the specialist opinion service..

Answered: Sun, 2 May 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor