Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering from persisting mouth ulcer. Need permanent cure

I have been suffering from mouth ulcer formed particularly on tongue right from the time of my childhood and still the disease is haunting me like any thing though I entered into 52 years of age. I am not able to get any powerful medicine for its immediate cure. I have no other ailments such as diabetics or B.P. or any other chronic disease. Can you kindly help me please?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  7 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
i would be glad to answer your query, first of all i would like to inform you that an oral ulcer can develop due to any of the following causes, vitamin deficiency, medical condition, poor oral hygiene, smoking, spicy food or even due to constant irritation from a sharp tooth margin or a filling.
i cannot rule out the cause for you until your oral cavity is checked clinically.
therefore, it would be best see a dentist, he /she will rule out the cause and plan a treatment accordingly.
In cases with recurrent oral ulcers it is very important to remove the cause permanently.
i would recommend a few instructions for you to follow;
1. use an antibacterial mouth wash(twice/day) for 1 week,
2. healthy diet,
3. avoid spicy food for a few days,
4. visit your dentist soon.
i hope i answered your query,
i wish you good health,
take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome,
you are severely affected by vitamin-b12 deficiency.
take vitamin becosules daily.
in case of severe long duration aphthous ulcers which is recurrent in nature,the medicines prescribed ,which are highly effective are-
tab.flanzen-10mg,thrice daily for 3 days.
tab.wysalone-5mg,thrice daily for 3 days.
maintain good oral hygiene.
avoid intake of too much of hot/spicy/sour food like mixture it can increase the chance of occurrence of ulcers.
clean your mouth after every meals.
use soft-bristled toothbrush and floss to clean your teeth.
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for writing in.

There are many causes, one of which is vitamin and iron deficiency.sensitivity to certain foods, hormonal changes, diseases affecting the skin or gut, or certain conditions where the body’s defence system begins to attack the cells lining the mouth.

For immediate cure ,you have to go through some investigation and get your treatment done accordingly.

* Use chlorhexidine mouthwash.
* Use of lidocane gel.
* Orabase gels can be used for haling.
* Register with a dentist and have regular appointments to keep your teeth and gums in a healthy state.
* Eat balanced diet for enough iron and vitamins especially vitamin A, B12, C and E.
* Avoid spicy foods.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Geoffrey Ward's  Response
Hello and thank you for your question.
I recommend going to your dentist and getting evaluated for a sharp cusp on a tooth or a oral habit of biting your tongue as a stress response. Both can get addressed by smoothing the area adjacent to the area that the ulcer is formed. A dentist may also suggest a biopsy to rule out any pathologies that may cause this issue long term.

Best wishes and good health.

Dr. Ward
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Sumra's  Response
hello & welcome to HCM,
I just went through your problem & it is known as Apthous ulcers & they are really painful.
Common Causes can be:-
-Improper food habits like taking much of spicy food
-Gastric upset
-Stress problem
-Hormonal changes
-Nutritional deficency
-Improper Oral hygiene
-Lastly if its reccuring then it can be due to some sharp cusp.

What all you need to do is improve her dietary habits like include more of green vegetables & less oily & spicy food. Also get your Complete Blood Examination done to rule out vitamin-B 12 deficiency.
You also need to go to dentist to get checked if there is any sharp cusp.
Meanwhile start with Tenvit-Plus capsules along with application of some anaesthetic gel like dologel or Mucopain gel.
You can also go for tetracycline mouthwash.
All these will definitely help you out.
Take Care

Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Udaykumar Bondre's  Response

As you are suffering from tongue ulcers since your childhood, you need to get examined by your dentist thoroughly.

1) First To rule out any systemic cause you should go for COMPLETE BLOOD EXAMINATION (Complete Haemogram )

2) 2nd & most important in your case according to me is , this may happen due to chronic irritation of tongue caused by sharp tooth edges or cusps which can be diagnosed & treated at dental clinic only.

So plan a visit to nearby dentist to undergo clinical (oral) examination which is important specially in your case.

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hai sharma,

Gud day. Well, it is good for you to know as per alternative medical systems any disease in an external sense organ is actually the result of a problem elsewhere and not alone pertaining to the organ itself. In other words, your mouth ulcer is as a result of the internal heat concerning to your stomach and hence when you get that corrected this would automatically get corrected. Our body is made up of the basic five elements, and when there is an imbalance disease occurs. Here in your case it is the earth element which should have been affected and when that gets corrected your problem might cease. In no way, medicines could give a permanent cure for this problem. Meet an experienced nearby classical acupuncture practitioner who could help you for sure. Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor