Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suffering from numbness after an accident where c3-c4-c5-c6 were pinched

sir, my father had an major accident in which his c3- c4-c5-c6 gets pinched due to which he is suffering from numbness in the right hand and he always complain that the weight of whole body is on the waist and the whole body feels very shinked. sir please provide your kind advice regarding it we are suffering from 1 years badly sir please help.the mri report is also showing only that ones.
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. I can understand your concern. Usually in such cases neurophysicians or neurosurgeons will wait for some time for symptom resolvement before they take any call for surgery. Sometimes even after surgery results may not be promising. I advise you to see a neurophysician along with reports. Based upon the physical examination he can advise you whether your father is the best candidate for medical treatment or surgical treatment. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Sidharth's  Response
asu have mentioned there is compression on the spinal nereves...
as he is having pain more than a year.. i will suggest u to consult a physiotherapist(neuro specialist) who can guide properly..
u need the followings;
1. neural mobilization
2. IFT to reduce pain
3. stretching and strengthening exercises..
if u give me detail of pain then i can suggest few exercises also..


Dr. Sidharth Sekhar Patra, PT
MPT in neurology,
Consultant Physiotherapist,
BBSR, +917894266700
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor