Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hypothyroidism. Trying to concieve. Thyroid levels low. Further tests required?

Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old. I have been diagnosis for hypothyroidism from 2011. I take eltroxin 100mg daily. I am planning for pregnancy now. Below are my current test results, Does it cause any problem for/during pregnancy? T3 (Total), serum by CMIA 1.03 T4 (Total), serum by CMIA 8.77 TSH(Ultrasensitive), serum by CMIA 1.60 Previous tests also show that resluts fall under normal range but I suffer from excessive weight gain , hair loss and irregular monthly cycle. what are the other test which should be done ? what precausions do i need to take ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
You should continue taking the eltroxin tablet.
The problem of excessive weight gain, irregular cycles may be due to Polycystic ovaries.
You should consult a gynaecologist and get Usg done.
You need to try for weight reduction, by proper diet and exercise.
You might need some treatment, like ovulation induction medication, if you dont concive spontaneously.
You should start taking folic acid tablets pre- conceptionally.
Good luck.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor