Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chest pain. Hurting while I swallow food. Sign of a pulled chest muscle?

I am a roofer and I think i pulled my chest muscles yesterday. I started getting pain throughout the night while I was sleeping, the pain is between my shoulders right in the middle of my back, this morning while In was eating breakfast I noticed it hurt evertime I tried to swallow food, and it also hurts to burp. Is this a sign of a pulled chest muscle?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Could be a sprain on over stretching. Take Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day after meals, along with methacarbamol 750 mg and do massage with relaxyl ointment locally.
Avoid bending and lifting weights and do nos any one to do manipulations with the neck or back. Complete rest and medicines will subside it in 3-5 days. Stay off work for 3 days
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor