Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOD, taking Aldactone and Glycomet. Should I stop medicine to get pregnant?

i am 33 and i m suffering from pcods which was detected 4 years before nd i hv been taking aldactone 25mg morning and evening and glycomet 500mg in the evening...i have stopped aldactone before 4 months as i gt married bt i am still taking glycomet...nw i want to get pregnant...shld i stop the medicine or i shld take some other medicine
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query. Please continue Metformin tab(glycomet) because studies have shown good pregnancies rate while on metformin, and it will help you not develop gesatational diabetes (GDM) also if you get pregnant. And stop taking aldactone for time being.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor