Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

169 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from Jaundice

Hi, My age is 26, on last november I was detected for jaundice . Last 3 months blood tests suggests that Billurubin level has come down to normal and even urine tests suggests that everything has come down to normal. My weight has drastically reduced now. I have lost around 14 kgs in those 5 months. My questions are as follows : 1) Attimes, I am feeling digestion problem and my doctor has advised me to take Diapep tab (Moring and nigt) for 10 days. I am really fearing to have normal foods. Whether intaking of normal foods will recreate Jaundice again? 2) I am very weak now a days attimes I could not do physical activities for that long? What could be the reason for this ? How can I regain my weight back? Your advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
Fri, 13 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Normally after jaundice weakness and digestive issues are common. Please continue medicines as suggested by your doctor. You can even take vitamin B complex tablet or syrup, this will help in faster recovery as well as improve your appetite. Drink plenty of fluids, take fruits, and light diet at frequent interval. You will become absolutely normal in few weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
sairanjit's  Response
Thank you Doctor for your advise.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Our grandson is 4 weeks old, had jaundice as a newborn, and has some boil-like eruptions on his bottom near his anus. He no longer appears to have jaundice. Each time one of these has burst, a day or so later, a new one forms. The mum is using breast milk sometimes, as well as calendula oil in a warm wash. What should she be doing?

doctor1 MD

Sir, My mother aged 70years, is suffering from Jaundice and at the same time her uric acid level is on the higher side.She has also been diagnosed with having gall stones at the same time. Considering that a protien diet will not help with the uric acid,What would make a good diet for her is such a case ?

doctor1 MD

Dear Honourable doctor, my son(12 years old) had suffered from typhoid(1:320) and treated 7 months ago. Since then after fever subsides he had been suffering with low fever at nights. Recently he is suffering from vomitings after eating and drinking with little amount. We consulted a Gastroenterologist, he after done endoscopy diagnosied with lax in GE junction and was treating. 10 days my son took junk food and immediately he got fever and again he got typhoid with 1:80 and was treating by local doctor and 3 days back he got janudice with 5.9. What all these indicate?

Recent questions on  Urinalysis

doctor1 MD

Temperature fluctuates between 98.6 - 100.6. I get the shivers once or twice in 24 hours but constantly perspire, hair is sopping wet, have to change my clothes. gynie says no uti or cystitus and has sent off swabs, also done blood tests and urine sample. Pass urine very often and have burning sensation. Also given up smoking this week. Dont know what to do for relief

doctor1 MD

my daughter has 22 month old, when she takes antibiotics she pees to much less than usual, she s taking now augmentin today morning when she woke up there was too much pee in her daiper but till now it means for 06 hours she still didn t pee, I ve done a urine test for her in 31 Dec 2010 and the result of SP gravilty was 1.010 do you think she has any problem

doctor1 MD 58 yrs old man. i have high fever 102-104 degree celsius since four days..have burning sensation while passing urine. the same problem happened to me in oct 2010. i got my urine test done,the report of which says pus cells as numerous.. protein 1+ glucose 1+.. if u cud plz guide me if i am nt having any major problem ?

doctor1 MD

i had a wet dream...and found blood in my semen. it was pink. but when i was passing was normal in color and no pain as well. I went to the doctor and told everything. Said to do a full urine test and it was completely normal and doctor said not to be worry.but m confused still..what can be the cause?

doctor1 MD

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd like to know what this could be if anything dangerous or to be concerned of.

doctor1 MD

Had a urinalysis done Friday. WBC present, mucus present, bacteria none, leucocytes 6-10. Culture was then done and came back 10,000-50,000 cfu/ml e coli . I haven t heard back from the Dr but rather saw this in my patient portal. Does this...

doctor1 MD

I am having urinary irritation and also having discharge of white color substance