Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffered with Hyperbilirubinemia, recovered. Can I have sex?

45 days before I suffered with Hyperbilirubinemia which is having 4.0 in blood and NIL in urine . After that I have recovered well and right now I am free from it and I am fit. Please suggest can I have sex (If so suggest am I need to use condom to doesn t spread this to my partner) with my wife, as few of my friends are suggesting that we should avoid sex up to 6 months. Please suggest.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Sexologist 's  Response
Dear Mr Swamy
Hyperbilirubinemia due to Hepatitis B is transmitted by sexual intercourse hence need a condom for sex for protecting our partner. Hyperbilirubinemia due any other cause is not transmitted by sex so just relax
So yes you can have sex .
Best of luck
Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor