Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffered hematoma in forehead during birth. Having indentation, different textured skin in forehead now. Solution?

My currently 19 year old son suffered a hematoma in middle of his forehead upon being lifted from birth canal via C-section . The red puffy bubble subsided over time as they said it would but now as a young adult he has a quarter-sized indentation in his forehead and the skin has different texture & color although not too dramatic. Nonetheless, it is clearly noticeable and we would like to seek best way to have it repaired....made less noticeable. Do we start with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
As the indentation or the depressed scar is quite old it could be better to scar revision surgery done. Its a minor surgery done by a surgeon or dermatosurgeon. The depressed scar tissue is removed and margins are sutured to give good cosmetic results. another option is use of ablative laser for laser resurfacing.
Hope that answered your query.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor