Are abdominal exercises safe after a c-section?
After 3 months
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Post caesarean section, heavy exercises like crunches and sit ups should be started after 3 months of the procedure.
This is the time in which the abdominal muscles heal properly and gain their original strength.
If muscles are strained earlier, then they may give away leading to hernia.
I will suggest you to start exercises at 3 months after caesarean section.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How safe are slimming belts after c section
- Upper abdominal pain after c section
- Is it safe to consume alcohol after c section
- Is mtp kit safe for abortion after a c section
- Abdominal exercises after c-section
- Stomach exercises after c section
- Safe to fly after c section
- Safe sex after c-section
- Abdominal pain after c-section normal
- Sauna safe after c section
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?