What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The early diastolic notch refers to a pattern of blood flow in the fresh-blood vessels that carry blood from the mother to her uterus. It reflects the efficiency of the supply system between the mother and the baby. Persistence of this notch after 24 weeks of pregnancy can predispose the pregnancy to some medical conditions that would come up in these pregnancies as time goes on. Fortunately these can be monitored and treated. Also, they may not happen in every case. These conditions include high blood pressure, fetal growth restriction, low birth weight, a higher chance of a Caesarean section, a need for premature delivery and a longer stay in the nursery for the baby. From time to time your doctor will frequently examine you, prescribe additional tests and suggest medication and life-style changes to ensure a healthy outcome for you and your baby. This is a screening test that helps doctors to identify patients that need extra attention in pregnancy and child-birth and is certainly no cause for alarm for you or your baby.
Decreased baby movement is due to baby comes down,it has no relation with baby movement.Also this is not a indication of c-section.
Read more at: http://doctor.ndtv.com/faq/ndtv/fid/11073/What_is_early_diastolic_notch_in_the_fetus.html?cp
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...