Suffer from sore throat and cold. Taking ramipril. Is that the reason?

Hi

I have been taking Ramapril 2.5mg since last August with no problem. However 2 weeks ago I started with a sore throat and cold and then the usual dry cough that I often get when I have a cold. It usually only lasts a few days but is still there although it isnt there anymore during the night and not quite as bad during the day. I have been to my Dr and she checked my chest etc and said everything was ok and that it was probably a virus.

I did read recently on the net that not many people are aware that Ramipril stops the body dealing with a cough that accompanies a cold. My Dr hadn't heard this but clearly it must be a possibility ?

Your view would be appreciated.

Dave
Fri, 19 Apr 2013