question-icon

Does Ashwagandha interact with Ramipril and Amlodipine?

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018
Question: I am taking Ramipril and Amlodipine Besylate for pressure. Does Ashwagandha interact with my medication?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly Ashwagandha causes a decrease in blood pressure and interfere with medications that are used to treat high blood pressure as ramipril. I would not recommend for you to use it but if you need to use it then I recommend that you keep a close monitor of your blood pressure levels .. I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman