Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffer from headache due to sinus problems. Bulging right temporal artery. Are these related?

Hello. . .i am 38 years old. I was just at the doctor on Thursday for a horrible headache especially over my sinuses. Thought maybe I had a sinus infection , doctor gave me a script for the z pack but said don t fill unless symptoms persist. Well the God awful headache disappeared. I assumed it was do too the large amounts of stress I have in my life and not sinus. Well today I woke with my rt temporal artery bulging and pulsating. It is noticeable and worrisome to my family. I also have a headache which is progressing throughout the day and noticed a sensitivity to light the past few days. I also have pressure in both ears( maybe from the HA) ??? Wondering if this is related to possible sinus infection or the dx of temporal arthr itis. Not sure if I should go to the ER. Thank you very much !
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Let me tell you that headache can be due to many causes and it can be due to migraine, tension headache, brain tumor/infection/bleed etc. I will request you to get evaluated by a neurologist who will examine you and help you through evaluation including a brain scan if needed. I feel that you have migraine headache and you will improve with anti-migraine medications. Medications that will help you are amitriptiline, topiramate, valproate, propranolol etc for chronic use and for acute attack, medications that will help are analgesics like ibuprofen, indomethacin etc. You need to have a regular food and sleep habit too. Temporal arteritis is basically a disaese of old age and will generally will occur in this age. If you are concerned, you can do a simple blood test, called ESR- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate , which will be very high in temporal arteritis. You may not go to the ER. You can meet a local neurologist in his office.
Best wishes

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash., MD(Medicine)., DM (Neurology).,Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)

Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist

Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispeciality Hospital


Note: For online direct consultation with Dr Gopal, please click on the following link and go ahead
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor