Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suddenly felt urine come without knowledge, diagnosed as uterus bag came down. Should I undergo operation?

Sir, my mother suddenly felt urine come without her knowledge. Docter provided urine pipe and bag for one day then removed. Docter told your mother urine utrous bag come down. She need an operation. Her age 75 apprx. How it has happen. She should not lift heavy weight. Now she follow the medicine 1 ferikind 2 Becostar daily one teaspoon and one tablet respectable. I not permit her to lift any weight. She is now normal. Is she need operation or not?. Kindly explain how it is suddenly happen to my mother.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and thanks for posting your Query
Vaginal prolapse is a protrusion of the vaginal walls and the pelvic organs that support the opening of the vagina. This occurs as a result of pelvic floor weakness
The most obvious symptom of vaginal prolapse is a bulge protruding from the opening of the vagina. Vaginal prolapse can cause pelvic pressure, discomfort, or a sense that "something is coming out". An anterior vaginal wall prolapse can lead to difficulty emptying the bladder. Unwanted leakage of urine is also associated with anterior vaginal wall prolapse. A posterior vaginal wall prolapse can cause difficulty emptying the rectum.
Both non-surgical and surgical options are available for the treatment of vaginal prolapse.
Non surgical treatment is good for young patients and with stage I or early stage II prolapse with good pelvic floor muscle tone and no other symptoms.
1) Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles to give more support to the pelvic organs and slow the progression of vaginal prolapse.
2)Vaginal Pessary is a removable diaphragm-like device worn in the vagina to support vaginal prolapse and/or decrease stress urinary incontinence.
3)Pelvic floor physical therapy emphasise strengthening of pelvic floor muscles
Prolapse surgery is best reserved for patients not getting relief from nonsurgical treatment and with greater degree stage II and more of prolapse
1)Anterior Colporrhaphy repairs the wall between the vagina and the bladder.
2)Posterior Colporrhaphy (Posterior Repair) A posterior colporrhaphy repairs the wall between the vagina and the rectum.
3)Perineorrhaphy (Perineal Repair) is the surgical repair of a weakened perineum (the area between the vaginal opening and the anus). This procedure is sometimes done with a posterior repair.
4)Vaginal Vault Suspension repairs a vaginal vault prolapse by attaching the top of the vagina to ligaments in the pelvis with permanent sutures or graft material.
5)Hysterectomy this is done for severe uterine prolapse as it is difficult to perform prolapse repairs with uterus in place.
If your mother is not getting relief from conservative management and prolapse is severe surgery should be the treatment otherwise you can give a trial for conservative management with the options available.
She should not lift heavy weight now and also during the post op period.
Hope I Have answered all your queries
Wishing your Mother Good health.
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor