question-icon

Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018
Question: I am having severe bladder problems. I have little control over my urination and sometimes in the evening it is painful with little product. I have an appointment with a urologist tomorrow, but was interested in seeing what I might be in for.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Kegel exercises should help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Urinary incontinence could be due to loss of the neuromuscular control as a consequence of advancement in age. I would insist you to try Kegel exercises i.e. alternate contraction and relaxation of the vaginal muscles (as well as the muscles for urinary control) and as these pelvic muscles strengthen you would have better control over your urine.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha